Celebrating the Customs and Manners of British Teatime
Lectures, Online Tours & Presentation
Rebecca Gildea, founder of The British Tea Museum, is delighted to celebrate the customs and manners of British Teatime. Join us in this 75-minute tour and demonstration.
Introduction and slide presentation (20 minutes)
A chronological history of teas arrival on British Shores, from 1601 to present day: Journey through Social History of tea and discover how this medicinal beverage helped shaped the British economy along with the customs and manners of British Society.
Demonstration of Afternoon Tea & Etiquette (35 minutes)
- Deportment, Countenance, Composure & Conversation – The Art of Conversation.
- The traditions of Afternoon Tea, HighTea, Low Tea or Cream Tea.
- Dining Customs and manners.
- Real leaf teas v Tea bags.
- Tea essentials and what you can and can’t do without.
- The Philosophy of Teaism and what WE lose if we lose this important rituals.