Celebrating the Customs and Manners of British Teatime
Lectures, Online Tours & Presentation
Lectures are delivered
- Live from the British Tea Museum through Zoom.
- In person at museum if you are able to visit us and have a group.
There is also the option for the British Tea Museum to visit you at your establishment and deliver a presentation and demonstration in person – travel within the South East and London only.Contact us
Rebecca Gildea, founder of The British Tea Museum, is delighted to celebrate the customs and manners of British Teatime. Join us in this live 75-minute tour and demonstration.
Introduction and slide presentation (20 minutes)
A chronological history of teas arrival on British Shores, from 1601 to present day: Journey through Social History of tea and discover how this medicinal beverage helped shaped the British economy along with the customs and manners of British Society.
Demonstration of Afternoon Tea & Etiquette (35 minutes)
- Deportment, Countenance, Composure & Conversation – The Art of Conversation.
- The traditions of Afternoon Tea, HighTea, Low Tea or Cream Tea.
- Dining Customs and manners.
- Real leaf teas v Tea bags.
- Tea essentials and what you can and can’t do without.
- The Philosophy of Teaism and what WE lose if we lose this important rituals.